Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Jesus.

Okay. Here is a page where you can see some samples of what Amanda Marcotte has been putting up with over the past few days, for the dual crimes of

(a) being an intelligent, opinionated woman who is outspoken about her views, and

(b) taking a paying job with the campaign of a 2008 Democratic candidate for President.

I honestly don't know what to say about this, except, if I were to emotionally accept that I share some sort of common humanity with the kind of turds on legs that send people email like Ms. Marcotte has been getting lately, I would be so ashamed of myself and my race that I would have to pretty much put a loaded gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

Oh, I know we hairless chimps are capable of some truly mindbogglingly vile behavior, and much of it is worse than this... some of it way, WAY worse.

But still. This is pretty inexcusable.

The next time someone on the right starts to snivel and/or rant about the lack of civility on the left, I will have just two words for them: Amanda Marcotte.

One further note -- if John Edwards had had the nuts to stand up and tell Bill Donahue to go fuck himself, live on national TV, I would have voted for the man if he spent the rest of his campaign riding a unicycle across France while wearing a big honking clown nose and a polka dotted thong. Right hand to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home